When your Somers Point heating system goes down, what’s the first thing you do? We’d bet (after throwing a bit of a fit) you’d call your emergency heating repair service professionals! And if you chose McAllister for your service, you can rest assured that a certified repair team is on the way. But what do you do in the meantime? You’ve got an hour or two to wait, and you can probably already feel that South Jersey winter chill creeping in.
Don’t worry! We’ve got some tips and tricks that can help you keep toasty. In the meantime, know that our team is making its way to you right away.
Keeping Warm While You Wait
Some of these are pretty simple once you think of them. For the most part, it’s all about being prepared:
- Have a contingency plan. You might tackle this in one of a few ways. Some folks keep space heater around, which aren’t exactly energy-efficient, but they’ll get the job done in a pinch. Or if you’re fond of more efficient (and ambient) solutions, you might consider a fireplace installation. These options give you a go-to when the furnace fails, and can save you a lot of stress.
- Close everything. Close the doors, close the drapes, and block the gaps under your doorways to keep cold out and warm air in. You’ll get the best results from trying to keep yourself to one closed up room if possible, and it’s even better if that space is on the second floor, which tends to hold heat for longer.
- Start supper. Or lunch. Or midnight second-supper. The point is this: cooking generates an appreciable amount of heat, especially if you’re going full course and have the oven and burners going. Not to mention hot food always helps a bit, and the calories will get your internal furnace stoked.
- Cover yourself. You’ve likely hear the whole thing about hats and losing heat from your head. That saying isn’t exactly true, but you do lose heat from anywhere your skin is exposed. Get a good knit cap on your head and gloves on your hands if you can, and we guarantee you’ll retain some more warmth.
- Go outside. Not out in the air, of course. Your home might not have heat, but your car sure does (hopefully). Snag a good book, or tune in to your favorite station and jam out, staying warm and toasty til our team arrives.
Emergency Heating Repair in South Jersey
No matter what method, or combination of methods, you decide to roll with, you can be sure our team is taking your need for heat as a top priority. When you call on McAllister for emergency service, nothing is more important to our team than ensuring you get the fast, effective repair service you need. Having issues with your furnace? Don’t hesitate to give McAllister a call!
Contact us online for emergency service right away, or give us a call at 877-665-7577! Our team can be at your Somers Point or Pennsauken home’s door in a jiffy!