Never Lose Power Again with a Home Backup Generator
Once considered a luxury, many homeowners now believe a standby generator is an essential home appliance. In areas that experience frequent power outages, a standby generator can help avoid the expense of frozen pipes that cause pipes to split and flood your home. A loss of power can also cause food to spoil and in extended cases of power loss, you can incur the additional expense of staying at a hotel. In a natural disaster scenario, having a continuous power supply may avert a health-related emergency, especially in homes with small children or elderly residents.
Give us a call to schedule your standby generator installation in South Jersey, or request service by filling out our online contact form.
Generator Installation in South Jersey
Have you ever been left without power for a few hours, or even a few days? Have you ever returned home from a day at work, only to find your neighborhood is experiencing a power outage? When a storm strikes in South Jersey, you need to be prepared. What does that entail? You need to be able to keep your home’s systems up and running—and the easiest way to do so is with a backup generator. At McAllister, our mission is to keep you and your family comfortable—no one should feel inconvenienced in their own home! That being said, you can trust our team to install a whole house generator that will keep your home up and running no matter the weather outside.
What Does a Backup Generator Do?
Home generators are designed to supply power to your home when service from the local electric utility is interrupted. Standby generators are typically powered by natural gas or propane. They are hardwired into your home’s main electrical panel and controlled through an automatic transfer switch. The generator monitors the incoming voltage from the power grid and automatically engages when it identifies an electrical outage. When the power line from the utility is closed, the internal line is opened, so there is no chance of power entering the system from both sources. After power is restored to the grid, the generator shuts down while the line from the utility reopens.
Standby generators were once used exclusively by construction companies, businesses and farmers since the units were large, expensive and loud. However, more recent models have a low profile, quiet operation and a very reasonable installation cost. In recent years, many homeowners have chosen to install a standby generator, especially in areas vulnerable to natural disasters.
What Does a Generator Power?
Like your water supply, electricity is one of life’s basic necessities. From critical appliances to modern electronic devices, electricity supplies the power we need for work, play and home comfort. Consider the important machines and devices a home generator can protect in the event of a power outage:
- Heating and air conditioning equipment
- Basement sump pumps
- Security systems
- Washer and dryer
- Stove and oven
- Computers and peripherals
- Televisions and stereos
- Pool pumps
While many people believe that backup power is unaffordable, the truth is that home generator installation costs have come down significantly in recent years. Models are available ranging from 3-45 kilowatts. Smaller units can provide emergency power for lighting, a window-mounted air conditioner or a small refrigerator. Larger capacity units have sufficient power for your entire home. When you consider the inconvenience and cost associated with a protracted power outage, a standby generator can actually pay for itself over time.
The Best Standby Generators
At McAllister, we install quality Generac generators. Generac is the leading name in standby power generation, and every unit provides a number of critical features including:
- Unit engagement within 30 seconds of a power outage
- Units are powered by Generac’s proprietary OHVI engine designed specifically for generators
- All models feature TruePower technology designed to ensure sensitive electronics are protected
- Low profile and attractive outdoor cabinets
- Environmentally friendly operation
Interested in installing a Generac generator in Pennsauken or Somers Point? Give the generator installation experts at McAllister a call at 877-665-7577!
Benefits of Generac Generators
In addition to providing backup electrical power to your home and its electrical devices, a Generac generator provides:
- Automatic start capability – A standby generators kick on within seconds after a power outage, whether it’s due to severe weather or other disruptions. With a home standby generator, essential home functions—food refrigeration, lighting, air conditioning, and cooking abilities—are undisrupted. You and your family can simply continue life as usual.
- Peace of mind – Since they are permanent fixtures, home standby generators are nearly impossible to steal. When you factor in the weight of the unit and its connection to your Pennsauken area home’s gas and electrical lines, it becomes obvious why a home standby generator isn’t a target for theft.
- Safety and convenience – With a home standby generator, you never have to worry about toxic exhaust because the unit is installed a safe distance from your home. Also, there is no need to worry about refueling because a home standby generator is permanently hooked into your home’s gas supply.
- Low operating costs – The costs associated with a home standby generator are much lower than those associated with other forms of backup power. The cost of replacing malfunctioning equipment during a power outage can exceed the cost of installing a standby generator.
Reap the benefits of a Generac generator in your South Jersey home! Contact us online to learn more.
Choose McAllister for Generator Services in South Jersey
When you need generator services in South Jersey, including Pennsauken and Somers Point, there’s only one choice to make: McAllister. Our team has been helping families, like yours, install Generac generators for more than 100 years.
With a backup generator, you will never lose electricity again during a power outage. Call the home generator installation experts at McAllister today for a free, no hassle estimate.