When you’re looking to your HVAC system, you want comfort, you want low heating and cooling costs, and you want reliability. And to get all of these things, there is absolutely nothing even half as important as getting routine HVAC maintenance. If you follow us, you’ve read that sentence plenty. If you’re new, you may be reading it for the first time. Either way, we’re here today to tell you why. Why HVAC maintenance is so important, what it does for your system, and why you need to be sure to schedule it consistently!
What Is HVAC Maintenance?
Maintenance is a comprehensive care service for your HVAC system. It aims to optimize your system’s performance, identify risks and threats before they become a problem, and provide the routine service your system needs to remain functional and effective.
You can think of it very much in the same way as you do a vehicle tune-up, or even something as simple as an oil change or tire rotation. In fact, you can think of it in exactly the same way, since it achieves the same goals, and is done for the same reasons. Maintenance is about prevention and about preservation.
What Does a Maintenance Visit Include?
- A comprehensive system cleaning. A clean, clear system promotes healthy air flow, and keeps your energy-efficiency high. It also helps the system to avoid common risks and improves the overall comfort it can provide.
- A check of all components. Wear and tear on components is one of the most common causes of a breakdown, and it can be a costly problem to have. During a maintenance visit your professional will check all parts for signs of damage or wear, and notify you of any problems that may arise.
- Lubrication for applicable moving parts. The phrase well-oiled machine should always apply to your HVAC system, and this service does literally that. Moving parts need a certain amount of friction to operate properly, but a lack of lubrication can cause breaks and damage.
- Checks of electrical systems and connections. Loose connections or bad wiring can lead to breakdowns and poor performance. Your HVAC professional will check all connections to ensure all is well and working.
- A thorough inspection of the HVAC system. Indoor units, outdoor units, ductwork—absolutely everything is checked in detail to ensure all is well and as it should be.
- Repairs and replacements if needed. If a problem is found, your technician will bring it to your attention and recommend a course of action. If you choose to pursue the service, repairs and replacements are made as needed.
HVAC Maintenance: The Most Important Service
As professionals, we take maintenance services very seriously. Why? Because it’s the service that allows us to really, really make a difference in your comfort. A well-maintained system is going to serve you well for years, and perform it’s job ideally. This is why we offer services like our maintenance programs; a way to get all of the routine care and service your system needs, while also providing you some unique advantages and perks.