Whether you’re interested in setting up routine service for the benefits that it brings to your system, or if your new furnace warranty stipulates that you get it, you’re probably wondering exactly what the service is going to run you. Exactly how much does a furnace tune-up cost, and is it actually worth it to sign up? Follow along with the service experts at McAllister while we dive into the topic!
Interested in finding out more about maintenance services in Somers Point? Contact McAllister…The Service Company online now to talk to our specialists!
What’s Included in a Tune-Up?
First up, best you know exactly what it is you’re paying for! If you’re unfamiliar with a professional tune-up service you’ll want to know that it is a service designed to address common complications that can arise with your HVAC systems. This includes optimizations to help retain energy-efficiency, calibrations to ensure temperature and operational accuracy, and inspections to root out issues early on.
A typical furnace tune-up service includes:
- Complete system cleaning including components, electrical systems, and filters
- Electrical connection inspection to ensure tight connections and secure electrical service
- Component checks to find signs of wear and tear and address any possible complications
- Lubrication for moving parts to reduce overall wear and prolong the health of the system
This is a pretty bare-bones list, since the vast majority of service experts offer considerably more. But it at least gives you an idea of what an expert is actually doing when they show up to perform an annual service.
What Factors Play Into the Cost?
So the question of the exact cost isn’t really an easy one, if we’re being honest. It is going to depend on a lot of factors overall. Things that can impact the cost include the type of system you’re using, the system’s age, how frequently you get service, the maintenance plan you’re under, and even the individual business’ general pricing. We will say that the service usually pays for itself, and it’s a whole lot cheaper than a repair service, which is what maintenance aims to prevent from ever happening.
Is a Furnace Tune-Up Worth it?
So the cost is variable. But is the cost actually worth your time and money? Our experts will tell you absolutely. And we mean it! Maintenance is the perfect way for HVAC teams to show you the quality you deserve, and the benefits speak for themselves:
- Lower energy costs. Clean, calibrated, and well cared for systems will work better and faster, as well as at a lower cost to you.
- More dependable heating and cooling. Do you hate hot or cold spots, or uneven temperature control? If so then maintenance will prevent it!
- Investment security. HVAC systems are necessary in Somers Point. But they most certainly aren’t cheap by any standard! If you want your investment to last ten, fifteen years, you need maintenance services in order to get it.
- Improved home air quality. Clean systems mean cleaner air, less allergies, and less dusting and vacuuming in your home.
Think a maintenance service is starting to sound pretty appealing? Learn more about the services and advantages we offer at McAllister by reaching us online now!
Choose McAllister for South Jersey Furnace Maintenance
We’ve been providing top notch furnace maintenance services to homeowners throughout South Jersey since 1876. You can trust our team to keep your system running all winter long. For dependable furnace maintenance in South Jersey, choose McAllister.