There are any number of high tech devices on the market today to help improve lives or enhance convenience. One such item for the home is the Wi-Fi thermostat, which, along with increasing comfort can help to reduce your energy costs and lower your carbon footprint. Whether you’re in the market for a new thermostat, choosing a system for a new build, or are simply looking for ways to improve your lifestyle, a Wi-Fi thermostat is a great choice.
Why Should I Install a Wi-Fi Thermostat in South Jersey?
A Wi-Fi thermostat is a wireless device that allows you to monitor and adjust the temperature of your home remotely from your laptop, tablet, PC, or smartphone—as long as you are connected to the internet. As is true with almost every form of technology, there are a variety of models with different features to choose from, so it pays to do your research before you buy. The type you choose is dependent on a number of factors, including which type of system you currently own, whether you already have a home automation system in place, and your budget. Options can include:
- Temperature control – Arguably the most important function of a Wi-Fi thermostat, these features can vary in accordance with the type of HVAC system you have in your home.
- Sensors – Sensors detect the current temperature in your Somers Point area home and determine whether or not to engage your heating or cooling equipment. Single sensor models will work off a small sampling of air depending on where they are located, but some models allow for multiple sensors to be installed for a more accurate reading.
- Energy conservation – Managing your energy consumption is easier with certain models that with others. Choose a model that suits your lifestyle, whether you want one that will “learn” your schedule and make adjustments automatically or would like the option to receive feedback via text or email to report on the status of your home.
- Design – Choosing how your thermostat looks, how it functions, and how easy it is to use is up to you.
The Benefits of Technology
There are a number of great reasons to install a Wi-Fi thermostat in your home, including:
- Control – Adjust your home temperature settings from anywhere in the world for the ultimate control.
- Increased efficiency – Alerts regarding the status of your home or whether it’s time to change your air filter, all contribute to the efficiency of your home.
- Precision – Wi-Fi thermostats are more accurate than traditional models.
- Savings – If you’ve ever left your home in the morning and realized you’d forgotten to adjust the thermostat or have already climbed in to bed, you’ll appreciate the ease of use and energy savings you can achieve with remote programming.
Wi-Fi Thermostat Installation with McAllister
For assistance with the selection, purchase, and installation of your new Wi-Fi thermostat, you can trust the experts at McAllister. With nearly 150 years of service in the South Jersey area, NATE certified technicians, and 24/7 emergency service, it’s easy to see how McAllister has earned such a great reputation among South Jersey homeowners.
To learn more about the different thermostats we can install in your Somers Point home, give us a call at 800-757-4122.