Your South Jersey air conditioner provides you with the cool, dependable comfort you need to remain sane from day to day. It’s positively blazing out there, and you never want to be caught without the superior cooling you depend on! So when something runs amiss with your system, your natural response is to, of course, call in for professional repair.
But before you do, the certified HVAC experts at McAllister would pose a question: are you certain that a repair is the best choice for your system? Oftentimes repair provides a perfectly serviceable solution, and can restore the comfort you need. When that’s the case, we’re happy to provide! But there’s a chance that there may be a better solution.
Repair or Replace: Which Is Best?
Naturally, you don’t want to shell out for a replacement any time an issue shows up. Infrequent repair is not a very big issue, and you can generally expect to call on a professional every now and then with no issue. But there are times where replacement will not only provide you with better, more dependable comfort; there are times when it will save you money, too!
It’s a good idea to consider air conditioner replacement when:
- Your current system needs repairs too often. As we said, needing a repair once every now and again is not really a problem. But when you’re calling in for professional repair services annually (or even more often!), it can get very costly in a hurry! If you find yourself with a busted system every time summer in New Jersey rolls around, it’s time to look at replacement.
- Your cooling costs are too high. Notice your bill growing more and more as the years march on? It’s not surprising, and no, it’s probably not inflation. As your system ages it begins to lose efficiency and effectiveness. This means it has to work harder to meet your needs, which becomes expensive really fast.
- Your current system is not meeting your cooling needs. If your home isn’t as cool as you want it to be, but the thermostat is cranked; it’s time to get a new system. Plain and simple. You pay too much for your comfort to shell out for a system that can’t keep your home adequately cool!
- Your system still uses R-22 refrigerant. R-22 was the primary refrigerant back in the day, but a few years past it came to light that the compound posed significant risks both to human health and to the environment. If your system still uses R-22, it’s a good idea to get it swapped out for one that uses R-410A (the new, much safer kid on the block).
- Your air conditioner is ten years old, or older. You can generally expect ten to fifteen years of faithful service from your system, depending on the type. But past the ten year mark, you’ll see a higher occurrence of breakdowns, higher cooling costs, and much weaker cooling effectiveness.
Repair & Replacement Services in South Jersey
Spotting the signs and think it’s time to learn more about air conditioner replacement or repair? McAllister can help. We’ve been providing top notch AC installation, maintenance, and repair to homeowners throughout South Jersey since 1876. You can trust our team to get your system up and running efficiently so it’s ready to maintain your home’s comfort levels all summer long. For dependable air conditioning services in South Jersey, choose McAllister.
When the summer weather arrives, you need to be prepared to keep your home comfortable. Whether you need a new system installed in South Jersey, or an old system maintained or repaired, choose McAllister. Contact us online or call us at 877-665-7577 to schedule service.