Never Lose Power Again with Home Generators
Once considered a luxury, a backup generator can now be called an essential home appliance. Places like Cape May, NJ could benefit from Generac generator installation, because winter is always brutal and pipes can get frozen when the electricity is out. A loss of power can also cause food to spoil, and in extended cases of power loss, you can incur the additional expense of staying at a hotel. In a natural disaster scenario, having a continuous power supply may avert a health-related emergency, especially in homes with small children or elderly residents.
Not having a home backup generator can cost you more in the long run. Give us a call at 609-927-4122 to schedule your Generac generator installation in Cape May, NJ or request service by filling out our online contact form.
Generator Installation in Cape May
Have you ever been left without power for a few hours, or even a few days? Have you ever returned home from a day at work, only to find your neighborhood is experiencing a power outage? When a storm strikes in Cape May, you need to be prepared. What does that entail? You need to be able to keep your home’s systems up and running—and the easiest way to do so is with a backup generator. At McAllister, our mission is to keep you and your family comfortable—no one should feel inconvenienced in their own home! You can trust our team to install a whole-house generator that will keep your home up and running no matter the weather outside.
What Does a Backup Generator Do?
Home generators are designed to supply power to your home when service from the local electric utility is interrupted. Standby generators are typically powered by natural gas or propane. They are hardwired into your home’s main electrical panel and controlled through an automatic transfer switch. The generator monitors the incoming voltage from the power grid and automatically engages when it identifies an electrical outage. When the power line from the utility is closed, the internal line is opened, so there is no chance of power entering the system from both sources. After power is restored to the grid, the generator shuts down while the line from the utility reopens.
Standby generators were once used exclusively by construction companies, businesses, and farmers since the units were large, expensive, and loud. However, more recent models have a low profile, quiet operation, and a very reasonable installation cost. In recent years, many homeowners have chosen to install a standby generator, especially in areas vulnerable to natural disasters.
What Does a Generator Power?
Like your water supply, electricity is one of life’s necessities. From critical appliances to modern electronic devices, electricity supplies the power we need for work, play, and home comfort. Consider the important machines and devices a home generator can protect in the event of a power outage:
- Heating and air conditioning equipment
- Basement sump pumps
- Security systems
- Washer and dryer
- Stove and oven
- Computers and peripherals
- Televisions and stereos
- Pool pumps
While many people believe that backup power is unaffordable, the truth is that home generator installation costs have come down significantly in recent years. Models are available ranging from 3-45 kilowatts. Smaller units can provide emergency power for lighting, a window-mounted air conditioner, or a small refrigerator. Larger capacity units have sufficient power for your entire home. If you already have a generator and have noticed that it’s not working the same or taking longer than usual to start up, you might be in need of a Generac generator repair at your Cape May, NJ or surrounding area home! When you consider the inconvenience and cost associated with a protracted power outage, a standby generator can actually pay for itself over time.
There are so many benefits to getting a Generac generator installation in Cape May, NJ or the surrounding areas. Contact McAllister today to keep your family safe when the power goes out!
The Best Standby Generators for Cape May Homes
- Unit engagement within 30 seconds of a power outage
- Units are powered by Generac’s proprietary OHVI engine, designed specifically for generators
- All models feature TruePower technology designed to ensure sensitive electronics are protected
- Low profile and attractive outdoor cabinets
- Environmentally friendly operation
Generac offers customers a choice by offering both diesel generators and natural gas generators. The diesel-fueled generators are great for businesses that have large backup power applications. The natural gas generators are clean-burning and meet most local code requirements. The generators are great to have in emergency situations where the electric is off, but it’s great to make sure they receive some maintenance throughout the year too. If you test your generator and find that it’s making weird noises are not starting up quickly, you might need to call us in for a Generac generator repair in Cape May, NJ or the surrounding South Jersey area.
Interested in installing a Generac generator in Cape May? Give the generator installation experts at McAllister a call at 609-927-4122 or contact us online!
Benefits of Generac Generators
In addition to providing backup electrical power to your home and its electrical devices, a Generac generator provides:
- Automatic start capability – A standby generators kick on within seconds after a power outage, whether the outage is due to severe weather or other disruptions. With a home standby generator, essential home functions—food refrigeration, lighting, air conditioning, and cooking abilities—are undisrupted. You and your family can simply continue life as usual.
- Peace of mind – Since they are permanent fixtures, home standby generators are nearly impossible to steal. When you factor in the weight of the unit and its connection to your Cape May-area home’s gas and electrical lines, it becomes obvious why a home standby generator isn’t a target for theft.
- Safety and convenience – With a home standby generator, you never have to worry about toxic exhaust because the unit is installed a safe distance from your home. Also, there is no need to worry about refueling because a home standby generator is permanently hooked into your home’s gas supply.
- Low operating costs – The costs associated with a home standby generator are much lower than those associated with other forms of backup power. The cost of replacing malfunctioning equipment during a power outage can exceed the cost of installing a standby generator.
Reap the benefits of installing a Generac generator in your Cape May, NJ home! Contact us online to learn more.
How Much Does a Standby Generator Installation Cost?
The cost of a home backup generator installation can vary. There are different models of generators and other factors that can affect each homeowner’s overall cost. The best way to get an estimate of how much installing a home generator will cost you is to contact McAllister today!
Our team of HVAC experts has been installing generators for decades and should be your first call when you need backup generator installation services in Cape May!
Choose McAllister for Generator Services in Cape May
When you need generator services in Cape May, there’s only one choice to make: McAllister. Our team has been helping families like yours install Generac generators for more than 100 years.
With a backup generator in your Cape May, you will never lose electricity again during a power outage. Contact the home generator installation experts at McAllister today for a free, no-hassle estimate.