Your Heating Contractor in Ocean City, NJ and the Surrounding Areas
Gas and oil furnaces require regular maintenance to remain in good working order and stay energy efficient, as do other kinds of heating systems like boilers and heat pumps. However, even a well maintained heating system will occasionally experience problems and require repairs.
If you notice an issue with your heating system, the team at McAllister can help. We have been serving the residents of South Jersey for more than 100 years, and we know precisely how to provide quick and efficient repair services to get your heat pump, boiler, or furnace system back up and running again.
South Jersey Heating Repair Services
As winter approaches, you and your family rely on the efficiency of your home’s heating system to stay warm as the temperatures drop. There is nothing more inconvenient than your heating system giving out on you during winter, but heating systems can develop problems any time and require immediate repair.
If your heating system is not working like it should, you should first check the air filter to see if it is dirty and needs replacing. Also, make sure the airflow vents are all fully open and not blocked by furniture or drapes. If the filter or vents are not the issue, the best course of action is to turn the system off and schedule a heating repair with McAllister as soon as possible. Continuing to run your heating system when something is wrong will only make things worse.
Contact us today to schedule a service.
Indications You Need A Gas Heater Repair
Heating systems will almost always alert you to a problem before they stop working. The symptoms below indicate that you may need a repair for your gas furnace.
- Furnace makes a popping, banging, squealing, screeching, creaking, rattling or grinding sound
- Heater runs continuously or cycles on and off every few minutes
- Weak airflow coming from the air vents
- Furnace turns on but will not blow warm air
- Burning smell or other foul odors
- Gas burner flame is yellow instead of blue
- Burner flame flickers
- Gas and electric bills are rising
- Your carbon monoxide detector goes off
- Some rooms are too hot while other rooms are too cold
- No matter how much you adjust the thermostat, you never feel comfortable
- Furnace has problems getting started and/or staying on
Indications You Need an Oil Heater Repair
Most symptoms that indicate you need a gas furnace repair also indicate a need for an oil heater repair. Be aware of these potential problems as well:
- Oil burner is not working
- You smell smoke, unusual odors or noxious fumes
- There is excessive fuel consumption
- Burner is working but the furnace will not fire up
Indications Your Boiler Needs Repair
Some signs your boiler system may need a repair can include the following:
- An increase in your heating bills
- It is taking a long time for your home to heat up, or the building stays cold even after the heat has been turned on
- Water leaks (usually moisture pooling at the base of your boiler can be found)
- Strange smells, especially a sharp metallic odor
- Unusual noises, like thumping, hissing, or whirring
- Visible corrosion, such as rust or staining
Indications Your Heating Pump is in Need of Repair
If you rely on a heat pump system for your heating and cooling in South Jersey, it is good to be aware of the signs that indicate your heat pump is in need of a repair so you can avoid permanent damage to your system. Some examples are listed below.
- Lower efficiency and higher than usual heating costs and energy bills
- Reduced comfort, often due to weak or poor air flow
- No heat or cooling ability whatsoever
- Unit is turning on and off quickly, or “short cycling”
- Strange noises, such as clanking, banging, wheezing, or squealing
- Stuck in heating or cooling mode, or it is difficult to get the system to switch modes
- Weird smells, such as musty, wet, or foul odors – if a filter change does not help, your system may need a professional repair
- Icing or freezing/frozen coils, often because of a refrigerant leak in the system
24/7 Emergency Heating Repair in South Jersey at an HVAC Company Near Ocean City
We understand that when your heater goes out, there is nothing more important than getting your system back up and running. If your heater goes out in the middle of the night or on a holiday, you do not have to wait until regular business hours to receive a heating repair from McAllister.
We are proud to offer heating and air conditioning repairs near Ocean City, and the surrounding areas, anytime of the year. At McAllister, our heating repair specialists ensure you can rely on us for emergency HVAC services whenever you need them!
Heating & Furnace Repairs Near Ocean City, Somers Point, and the Surrounding Areas
When you choose McAllister for heating repairs or maintenance, you are making the best decision for your home’s HVAC system. Our technicians are skilled and experienced heating professionals who can quickly diagnose problems for a variety of systems. If there is an issue with your heating unit, we will find it, fix it, and make sure you are not left without heat in the middle of winter.
For dependable heating repair in South Jersey, contact us online or call us today at (800)-757-4122 to schedule a service.