If you’re in the market for a new air conditioning system in Somers Point, you’ve probably looked at all of the usual options out there. Central cooling system and heat pumps—you’ve seen these before. But you might have come across something a bit different, too. Been seeing a ductless mini-split system, but not really sure what that is? If so, the experts at McAllister…The Service Company are here today to explain them!
What Are Ductless Mini-Splits?
Also often simply called a ductless system, mini-splits are an air conditioning option that has risen hugely in popularity since their debut awhile back. They are, as you might have guessed, ductless, meaning the don’t require any amount of ductwork to operate.
The system is broken up into two critical parts, the exterior unit, which you’re probably quite familiar with, and some small, room-centered indoor units. Ductless systems make use of a system called zoning, where each indoor unit can be controlled independently of the others. For example, if you want one room to be 70 degrees, but you like your bedroom to be a crisp 68 degrees, you can do that.
Zoning is the major draw of a ductless system, as it allows for far more—and far more precise—overall comfort control. Additionally, it helps keep costs down!
What Are the Advantages of a Mini-Split System?
We’ve already touched on the major benefits a little bit, but let’s go into more detail:
- Superior comfort control. Zoning means you can have your home feeling exactly how you want it, and you don’t have to waste energy cooling rooms you’re not using much. This means way more comfort, with a perfect home that is ideally customized to suit your exact needs and wants.
- Improved cooling efficiency and lower costs. By controlling rooms with a unit independently, your system doesn’t have to cool the whole home in one big bulk. This division of labor makes your system’s job far easier, which helps lower energy use and reduce monthly cooling costs.
- Better in-home air quality. Modern ductless systems utilize a double-filtration process that helps to reduce airborne pollutants, keeping dust and dander out of your in-home air.
- Enhanced versatility. Without needing to be tied to ductwork, these systems make a great solution for homes that cannot support ducts. Mini-splits are even often used as an auxiliary system to ducted air conditioning for homes that demand more power and comfort. Plus since the indoor units are small and can be installed virtually anywhere, they help to save space!
- Reduced noise. If the incessant drone of a standard system gets under your skin, ductless is the way to go. These systems are whisper-quiet, barely hitting audible decibels. This makes for not only some quality cooling, but helps preserve a peaceful home, too.
Ductless Mini-Split Installation & Service in South Jersey
Starting to think a ductless system sounds like your ideal installation solution? Our experts think so, too! Or if you’re not sure, we’re always happy to help you size up your home. The McAllister team has tons of experience with ductless systems, and we can help you decide if a mini-split is the best solution to suit your needs.
Contact us online today to schedule an appointment, or to learn more about how a ductless system might benefit your Somers Point home!