Recognizing the signs of furnace problems is important to allow you to replace your heating system when the time comes. Realizing when a furnace replacement is due will help you live in better comfort and help save you ample money in the long run.
- Your Furnace is Over 20 years old. A typical unit will experience significant wear and tear over the course of its lifetime. At the 20-year mark, many furnaces have started to show signs that they’re near the end, though it can be a good deal before or after this time depending on how well you’ve maintained the unit and how often you use it.
- You Keep Having to Make Repairs. Even if your unit isn’t that old, if it’s constantly breaking down, it may be time to cut your losses and get a new one.
- Your Energy Bills Are Increasing. There are several reasons why an older furnace may become less efficient. You are often better off to replace it with a high-efficiency furnace that converts a greater amount of its fuel into heat for your home.
- Uneven Heating Throughout Your Home.This could be a sign that your furnace’s blower motor is malfunctioning or that your furnace isn’t burning fuel properly. However, it might also be a sign of deteriorating or faulty ductwork. A trained HVAC technician can tell you where the problem lies for your system wasting heat.
- Significant Humidity Problems in Your Home. The function of your furnace is tied closely to humidity levels in your home. If you are experiencing very low or high humidity, it might be time to get a new furnace.
- Noise. Old systems can be noisy for many reasons. While a certain amount of noise is normal, it shouldn’t change with time or sound unusually loud.
- Heats too Slowly. If you notice a significant decline in the heating performance of your furnace, the problem could be serious enough to warrant a furnace replacement.
If you need any help determining if you need a furnace replacement in your southern New Jersey area home, please contact us today at 877-216-3505.