Maintenance Equals Reliability
Taking care of your heating system is essential to ensuring it remains in good working order and able to heat your home every winter. In Somers Point, NJ, our winters can be extreme, which means having a reliable heating system in your home or business is important for your comfort and safety.
Protecting your furnace and keeping it working properly involves having the unit regularly inspected by a trusted HVAC company. Regular maintenance and tune-ups will reduce the likelihood of your furnace giving out on you unexpectedly, and help prevent the need for expensive repairs.
Whenever you need professional assistance, McAllister is here to offer you reputable HVAC services at affordable prices in South Jersey. Continue reading to learn about our standard maintenance checklist.
Gas Furnace Maintenance from McAllister
When conducting maintenance on gas furnaces in homes and businesses, we make sure to perform these key system checks:
- Change the furnace filters – This should be done about every 90 days in a pet-free home, every 60 in a home with pets, and every 30-45 in a home where members of the household have allergies.
- Clean the burners – Checking and cleaning the burners, which can accumulate soot and condensation, will help keep your furnace working as it should and prevent untimely aging of your unit.
- Clean the flame sensor – The flame sensor should be cleaned with a cloth whenever the burners are cleaned. The flame sensor registers when the pilot light is on.
- Check the gas line – Listening carefully for hissing sounds or the smell of propane coming from your gas line, either of which could indicate a gas leak, is vital to your safety. If this occurs when our professionals are not providing a service, immediately turn off the main gas valve, open the windows, and call one of our HVAC professionals. Avoid using the stove, unplugging or plugging in electrical devices/appliances, and producing any sparks or flames in the building until the space is cleared by a professional.
- Check on thermostats & carbon monoxide detectors – When performing maintenance on your furnace, our team can also check your thermostats and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they’re in working order.
When you need reliable heating system maintenance, an HVAC technician from McAllister will provide a thorough inspection of your unit, as well as conduct any necessary furnace repairs in South Jersey.
Contact McAllister for Heating System Maintenance Services
It’s important to have maintenance checks performed on your heating system to ensure your furnace doesn’t go out in the middle of winter. If you’re looking for an HVAC contractor you can trust, McAllister has been providing customers in South Jersey with heating and cooling solutions since 1876.
When you need service you can count on, McAllister’s trained technicians are always here to help! Call us today at (800) 757-4122 to schedule a furnace service call.