Providing Unparalleled Water Heater Installation & Repair in Somers Point, New Jersey
A hot water heater in your home is just as important as having access to electricity, or reliable heating and cooling. That means if ever anything goes wrong, you need a service team that offers accurate, quick services that are designed to meet your needs as efficiently as possible. At McAllister our specialists are exceptionally well-versed in hot water heater application, and can provide for all of your needs, from repair, to new installation, and even routine maintenance services!
Our specialists have been the name to know for perfect service in Somers Point for decades. Our business is built on total customer satisfaction, and to ensure you get it we offer peerless products and parts backed by experienced, skilled, and thoroughly trained hot water heater specialists. For service you can trust, from a team that really cares, call on McAllister for all of your hot water needs.
Contact our team today to set a date for hot water heater service, or give us a call to find out more about what we can offer to you!
Water Heater Installation
The initial installation of your hot water heater is one of the most important factors in how well it will operate in the coming years. A perfectly installed hot water heater will provide for all of your hot water needs, and do so as efficiently and effectively as possible while mitigating breakdowns and common complications. That’s why the experts at McAllister utilize top-class tools and industry-leading knowledge to ensure your installation is absolutely perfect!
If you have an aging or obsolete water heater, it may be time to consider installing a new hi-tech model. Water heaters are available in different capacities, efficiencies and fuel options. The two basic configurations include:
- Conventional Water Heater: A conventional water heater has either gas burners or electric heating elements and a tank to hold the hot water. When the water temperature falls below the thermostat setting, the unit engages and the water is reheated through the heat exchanger. Total capacity output is defined by the unit’s “first hour rating,” which is a formula based on the size of the tank relative to the total heating output in BTUs. Water heater efficiency is measured by the Energy Factor (EF) standard. A higher EF number identifies a more efficient unit.
- Tankless Water Heaters: Tankless water heaters are relatively new to the market and were developed to address efficiency concerns. Instead of continually reheating a large tank of unused water, tankless models provide hot water on demand. Since there is no associated storage tank, the space normally taken up by a standard water heater can be used for other purposes. The unit’s gallons per minute rating is critical in selecting the proper size and capacity.
Water Heater Repairs
Water heaters can break down for a number of reasons, but the most common problems include cold water at the tap, scalding water or a leak in the storage tank. The source of the problem can be difficult to identify, so it is important to hire a professional contractor who has extensive experience in hot water heater repair and replacement.
In many instances, a water heater problem involves a broken high temperature cutoff switch or a damaged circuit breaker. If your water heater only produces lukewarm water, there may be a cracked dip tube inside the tank. Scalding water is dangerous, and it is typically the result of a broken pressure relief valve or a bad thermostat. If the thermostat is turned all the way down and the water is still hot, immediately disconnect the fuel source and call the water heater experts at McAllister.
Signs You Need a Water Heater Repair
If you encounter water heater problems, you can always count on our certified team to get the job done and done right. Contact McAllister for water heater repair if you notice:
- Strange noises coming from your water heater. A persistent knock or popping sound when you use the hot water in your home indicates a buildup of sediment in your water heater tank. This sediment builds up naturally, but if it is never handled can begin to cause trouble. The noises you’re hearing are either the sediment making contact with your element, or could be air trapped under the sediment releasing. To avoid this issue altogether, be sure to get your water heater routinely serviced!
- Discolored or rusty water. Discolored water can come from a few issues. One could be the sediment we mentioned above, while another could be rust present in your water heater pipes. Most commonly, however, rust is a sign that your tank is beginning to corrode. Be sure to have this handled right away, as it can lead to water heater failure or a hefty leak if left alone.
- Cool or cold water when there shouldn’t be. If you use a traditional tank system, be sure that you haven’t simply exhausted your supply. Give the water heater a bit of time to recuperate and see if your hot water returns. If it doesn’t, be sure to contact our experts for repair! If you want to avoid running out of hot water when you need it most, consider upgrading to a tankless water heater system.
- Leaking or standing water. Leaks can spring from a wide variety of places in your water heater. It could be the tank, the pipes, or even a loose valve. No matter the issue, our experts can locate the root source of your leak and provide fast, effective repairs!
If your water heater is leaking, the unit must be shut down and drained immediately. Undetected water leaks can cause extensive damage to furniture, flooring and structural elements in your home. At McAllister, we provide 24/7 catastrophic emergency service for destructive leaking water heaters.
Hot Water Heater Maintenance Service
Hot water heaters work around the clock to provide for you and your home. That constant use and consistent need can take its toll, eventually wearing the hot water unit out completely and drastically reducing the system’s effectiveness—eventually leading to a breakdown and replacement. But it doesn’t have to be that way!
Professional tune-up and maintenance services provide your hot water heater with the cleaning, parts checks, and calibrations needed to ensure you get all of the hot water access and reliability you need. At McAllister we offer peerless and thorough hot water heater maintenance, optimizing your system through:
- Complete tank cleaning services. Over time hot water heaters will accumulate a massive amount of mineral deposits and solid sediment. This is what creates those “pop” sounds in older units, and is also what contributes most heavily to hot water heater failure. Our specialists will start a maintenance service by flushing the tank of all impurities, restoring service and efficiency in your water heater.
- Pressure valve checks. The pressure valve (TPR) plays a vital role in keeping your home (and water heater) safe in the event of a pressure buildup or temperature fluctuation. We take great care to monitor the pressure release valve to ensure proper function and safety.
- Temperature adjustments. Is your hot water too hot, or not quite hot enough? Let our maintenance team know and we can make small adjustments as needed!
- Electrical checks. Secure electrical connections ensure proper function for both tank and tankless water heaters. Our specialists will check to ensure all connections are secure, stable, and in good working condition.
- And more!
Comprehensive Water Heater Services in South Jersey
McAllister is your full service water heater expert, so call us for complete water heater replacement services. A friendly consultant will answer any questions you may have and schedule an appointment if necessary. When you need dependable, highly-knowledgeable professionals to meet your hot water needs, you can always count on McAllister to have you covered! Contact our experts online today to get the professional service and top-class care you deserve!